Combined Graduate Level (CGLE)
A candidate must be either:
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the Ist January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
The age limit varies for candidates applying for different posts.
- Post - Inspector of Income Tax/ Inspector (Central Excise) / Inspector (Preventive Officer)/ Inspector (Examiner)/ Inspector of Posts/ Assistant Enforcement Officer/ Compiler/ Divisional Accountant/ Auditors/ UDCs /Tax Assistants/ Junior Accountant & Accountant – 18 to 27 years
- Statistical Investigator Gr.II – Not exceeding 26 years
- Assistant/Sub Inspector in CBI - 20-27 years
NOTE-I: The age is calculated as it is on the application receipt deadline.
NOTE-II: Candidate should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate available on the date of submission of application will only be accepted by the Commission for determining the Age eligibility and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- SC/ST - 5 years
- OBC - 3 years
- Physically Handicapped (PH) - 10 years
- PH + OBC - 13 years
- PH + SC/ST - 15 years
Age relaxation is also available for applicant in certain additional categories: Ex-servicemen, Central Government Civilian Employees, and Widows/Divorced Women/Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.
The required educational qualification varies for candidates applying for different posts.
- Compiler: Bachelor’s Degree with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or elective subject from any recognized University.
- Statistical Investigator Grade – II:
Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics as one of the main subjects; OR
Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics (with Statistics as a papers studied in one year/two years/all three year as the case may be) as one of the main subjects; OR
Bachelor’s Degree with Economics (with Statistics as a paper studied in one year/two years/all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects; OR
Bachelor’s Degree with Commerce (with Statistics as a paper studied in one year/two years/all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects.
- All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree (Graduation Degree) from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For posts of Assistants (CSS): Computer proficiency has also been prescribed as an Essential Qualification.
NOTE I: As per Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Degree obtained through open Universities/Distance Education Mode needs to be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU. NOTE-II: Candidates who have not acquired/will not acquire the educational qualification as on the closing date of receipt of application will not be eligible and need not apply.
NOTE-III: Wherever Desirable Qualification is prescribed in Recruitment Rules, appropriate weightage will be given at the time of Interview.
Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes(OBC), Ex-Serviceman(EXS) and Physically Handicapped(PH) candidates for all categories of posts/services, wherever applicable and admissible, would be as per Government Orders.
- Vacancies for Ex-S will be reserved only for Group ―C‖ posts and not for Group ―B‖ Posts as per Government Order/Instructions.
Number of Attempts
Candidate shall have not more than three attempts at the examination unless covered by any of the exceptions notified by Government of India.
All you need to know about