635 students clear IES Exam 2012
Results are out for the Indian Enginnering Services Exam held in June 2012. The exam was followed by personality test (interview) in April and May 2013.
A total of 635 candidates have been selected including 312 General, 183 Other Backward Classes, 92 Scheduled Castes and 48 Scheduled Tribes (including 46 candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped category).
Further details of the selection are as follows:
- 269 candidates in Civil Engineering Group
- 169 candidates in Mechanical Engineering Group
- 103 candidates in Electrical Engineering Group
- 94 candidates in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Group
The number of vacancies are as follows:
- Civil Engineering Group - 307
- 164 General, 76 Other Backward Classes, 41 Scheduled Castes and 26 Scheduled Tribes. It includes 21 vacancies reserved for PH candidates.
- Mechanical Engineering Group - 182
- 100 General, 48 Other Backward Classes, 22 Scheduled Castes and 12 Scheduled Tribes. It includes 09 vacancies reserved for PH candidates
- Electrical Engineering Group - 114
- 59 General, 35 Other Backward Classes, 14 Scheduled Castes and 06 Scheduled Tribes. It includes 11 vacancies reserved for PH candidates
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Group - 107
- 64 General, 24 Other Backward Classes, 15 Scheduled Castes and 04 Scheduled Tribes. This figure includes 10 vacancies reserved for PH candidates
The results can be downloaded here
Congratulations to all who succeeded. Respect for all who gave it their best.
All you need to know about