Andhra Pradesh (APPSC)
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) was formed in 1956, which coincided with the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh on November 1, 1956.
Earlier it was known as the Andhra Service Commission (formed in 1953, based on the regulations of Madras Public Service Commission). Later in 1956, APPSC was formed by merging the Andhra and Hyderabad Public Service Commission. At present, the six member APPSC is headed by the Chairman, Dr. Y. Venkatrami Reddy.
One of the main functions of the commission is to conduct examinations and interviews for appointment to various services of the State.
For current list of notifications check “notifications”.
Functions of APPSC
- Recruitment of the Candidates
I. On the basis of Interview only
II. On the basis of screening test & Interview
III. On the basis of Examination only
IV. On the basis of Examination & Interview only
V. On the basis of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination & Interview
- Disciplinary Actions
- Service Rules
- Advice to the Andhra Pradesh Government
- Conduct entrance examination for admission of boys to the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun in February and August
- Conduct Half yearly examinations for the All India Services Officers in September and March
- Overseeing temporary appointments in Government Departments
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission,
Prathibha Bhavan, M.J.Road,
Opp: Gagan Vihar, Nampally,Hyderabad 500103
Ph: 24603593, 24603594, 24603595, 24603596
All you need to know about